Time and energy are the most important commodities of the 21st century – and traffic congestion wastes both. Our mission is to help drivers find the best path to their destination and avoid unnecessary delays and expenses. We accomplish this by using "predicted traffic patterns" computed based on 3 years of historical traffic sensor data. Cleaparth also adjusts the predicted traffic patterns in real-time by taking into account the travel-delays caused by weather and accidents.
Clearpath is a spin-off company from University of Southern California. The technology behind ClearPath is a result of more than 10 years of research and protected by 3 patents.
Experimental results show that Clearpath yields 18% travel-time savings over Google Map's paths, and travel - time accuracy is 92%. ClearPath received more than $2 million research funding in the last 3 years from variety of industry and federal agencies.
Android app coming soon
Our team includes complementary expertise in engineering and business with successful exits in the past companies.
Hamid Heidary - Chief Executive Officer
- 20 Yrs experience in the telecommunications and data networking industries
- Former CTO for Insight Communications, acquired in March 2012 for $3 Billion
- Former COO of write my essay service writemyservice.com
Ugur Demiryurek, PhD – Chief Technology Officer
- ClearPath patent inventor
- 10 Yrs. of R&D in route planning and transportation
- Associate Director at IMSC, USC
- Lead Software Engineer in Oracle (4 years)
Prof. Cyrus Shahabi – Chief Scientist
- Tenured Full Professor of Computer Science and Electric Eng. at USC
- US Presidential Early Career award
- Co-Founder, Geosemble Technologies, 2004, acquired in 2012
Phil Spivey - Board Member
- Former President and CEO of Ocular
- Former CEO of XI Electronics
- Former Vice President Motorola -General Manger of multiple business units
In The News
New Navigation Technology Predicts Traffic Conditions
March 6, 2013
ClearPath Clears Your Path
September 28, 2012
ClearPath created by Professor Cyrus Shahabi and Ugur Demiryurek aims at providing the quickest and most accurate route for drivers who are tired of being stuck in traffic.
ClearPath for Android could be the ideal traffic app for Angelenos
February 4, 2013
ClearPath and Innovation
University of Southern California's Stevens Center for Innovation, a university-wide resource that helped ClearPath make maximum impact beyond traditional academic means and awarded seed funding. See the video below.
Our team has been working on ClearPath for many years and has the required enough experience. We are ready to take the company to the next stage to develop and release to market a consumer oriented product.
You can find our one page company summary and funding options here.